Easy soup recipes. Fall Soup Ideas. Potato Soup.
What is the best soup to eat? Potato soup is definitely one of them in my opinion. This is a perfect fall soup recipe. This is so rich, creamy, and smells like heaven. Definitely a good comfort food options for those cold, wet, dreary days. It will warm you right up.
6 strips (uncooked) bacon cut into small pieces3 Tablespoons butter 1 medium yellow onion chopped 3 large garlic cloves minced⅓ cup all-purpose flour 6 Large potatoes 4 cups chicken broth 2 cups milk ⅔ cup heavy cream 1 ½ teaspoon* salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder⅔ cup sour cream Shredded cheddar cheese, chives, and additional sour cream and bacon for topping if desired
1. Place bacon pieces in a large soup pot over medium heat and cook until bacon is done
2. Remove bacon pieces and set aside, leaving the fat in the pot.
3. Add butter and chopped onion and cook over medium heat until onions are tender (3-5 minutes).
4. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
5. Sprinkle the flour over the ingredients in the pot and stir until combined
6. Add diced potatoes to the pot along with chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Stir.
7. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. About 10 minutes from when it starts to boil.
8. Reduce heat to simmer and remove about half of the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
9. Return the pureed soup to the pot and add sour cream and reserved bacon pieces, stir well.
10. Allow soup to simmer for 15 minutes before serve
I actually cut the recipe in half when I cooked this because this makes a pretty big batch. If your just cooking for one or two people, I would cut it in half. Turns about just as good.
#potatosoup #potatorecipes #souprecipe #fallsoup #easyrecipes #easymeals